• «
  • »
Форум » Бумажные Солдатики » Наполеоника » Солдатики выпускаемые Walkerloo
Солдатики выпускаемые Walkerloo
PaperGeneralДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 14:04 | Сообщение # 91
Генерал-майор
Награды: 1
Статус: Offline
Chris, thanks a lot for the so detailed reasoning of your vision.
Don't worry, the "anti-dot theory" of yours sounds great, and I agree
on your theory and all the reasons. Though my personal feeling of the moment
prevents me from continuing drawing casualties of wars...

I am trying to find a compromising look to show warriors but not to provoke their using
as "machines ti kill" in games... I may be a dreamer...

Great info on your soldiers and their "geography":-)
Have my best compliments, as ever!
Serge

Get Back To Battle ®
with the Paper General ™

Сообщение отредактировал PaperGeneral - Вторник, 22.05.2012, 14:05

МагистрДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 14:15 | Сообщение # 92
Майор
Награды: 0
Quote (CWalkerloo)
Please feel free to share them with site members!

Мне уже интересно. Поделитесь, пожалуйста.

"Гвардия умирает, но не сдаётся!"

CWalkerlooДата: Пятница, 25.05.2012, 13:19 | Сообщение # 93
Сержант
Ok Магистр when i've a moment I'll put the Bavarian corps on google documents for easy access,, although I'll have to dig out the files... so it may be a while... I'm racing to get artwork finished before going to London to have them professionally scanned blah blah...

МагистрДата: Пятница, 25.05.2012, 19:22 | Сообщение # 94
Майор
Thanks in advance, Chris! Just write about it. Good luck!

полковникДата: Пятница, 25.05.2012, 19:25 | Сообщение # 95
Генерал-майор
Good Luck Chris with scanning wacko

Полковнику никто Не пишет, Полковника никто Не ждёт...

МагистрДата: Пятница, 20.07.2012, 00:08 | Сообщение # 96
Майор
Друзья, приобрёл ли уже кто-нибудь "Бородино" от Walkerloo?

МагистрДата: Четверг, 26.07.2012, 11:44 | Сообщение # 97
Майор
Ничего себе!!! Спасибо большое, гн. Полковник!!! В бой! ...

CWalkerlooДата: Суббота, 28.07.2012, 18:12 | Сообщение # 98
Сержант
oh.... hmmmm... such is modern life. I've been working for 5 months, 7 days a week on these pictures... and find they beat me to this forum... where did you get these images col. ..? it wasn't from me! - makes me feel a little physically sick... guess like i've been robbed...

I've just finished Russian cavalry and as there is currently a little fog drifting over the project... a little time has emerged before me ,,, I was about to prepare the plates for digital sale add drop shadows to the mounted figures etc... these were put together efficiently but not definitively... errr... I don't like my work presented like this... it looks ugly unfinished ... i'd like you to take it down... but your manners are your manners and mine are mine. Controling a picture after it's finished is a peculiar business - even when it's not finished... and although I make my make my pictures for myself,, I do it for a part of me that wants to share / show off / present them... human nature,... we're 95% monkey and 5% hive bee I recently heard - it was a metaphor for our communism ...

here are some pics of the new Russian cavalry. Chevalier-Garde and Akhtyrsky Hussars.

crikey,, a childhood memory just flashed before me...

When i was a boy, perhaps 8 yrs old I found a cheap plastic football in the street. I lived on a large housing estate in the north of england with lots of other children. After my friends and I had played with the ball all evening I took it home. The next day my father saw the ball and asked me where it had come from. I told him with a smile i'd found it! ... he got really annoyed. When I got back from school that night he told me to knock on doors all around the estate to ask if anyone had lost the old plastic ball. It was very humiliating and I never found the owner. All my friends watched me go about the neighbours... but no one claimed it ... I eventually returned the ball to where I found it - neither I nor my friends wanted anything else to do with it. ... I guess it would have been rewarding to have found the actual owner however... crikey. hmmm. my father died almost three years ago of an asbestos cancer he got working in a tyre factory. I made some 'paper soldiers' which were in part dedicated to him... ... and they are available to buy and for free here. on my blog.

oh,,, and my toy soldiers are now available in Russia here smile and other places i think (i'll get details from the publisher)... If you like them please buy them... it is thanks to the advance payment of the publishers against future sales that i was able to spend 5 months doing this Borodino army,,, 'sustainable consumerism'... that is if you'd like more soon.

I've not yet seen them up close... has anyone else?

However no more new paintings for a while. Got to go and paint houses in London... always feels like a waste of time but it pays the bills and manual labour for the urban middle class always fires me up! ... yet where would we be without them?

if we had the robots that made robots i wonder if we could then do what we liked... ... hmmm ... i'm guessing we're too naughty. the future,,

I fight on in the battle of walkerloo!

PaperGeneralДата: Суббота, 28.07.2012, 19:15 | Сообщение # 99
Генерал-майор
Quote (CWalkerloo)
oh.... hmmmm... such is modern life. I've been working for 5 months, 7 days a week on these pictures... and find they beat me to this forum... where did you get these images col. ..? it wasn't from me! - makes me feel a little physically sick... guess like i've been robbed...

Dear Chris!
Several days ago YOUR Publisher in Russia, that is his Vice-, or something, let these pictures go into the internet...
I DO believe he did not think first, or they have SO good Contract with you, to feel SO free to show your finished-, or semifinished arts to the public at large here in Russia...

I DO believe, that it was just a failure of the computer or so, to post SO BIG resolution demos...hmm....

Please, get in touch with your Publisher, and tell them not to DO such things in future.

Hope the Borodino Project will be released by YOU soon.

Feel free to contact me any way,
I will show you my new Russian Jagers to battle yours cool biggrin
http://my.mail.ru/mail/sergeyevmark/#photo=/mail/sergeyevmark/248/281
No, not to battle, and no competition, we are FRIENDS-AT-ARMS wink
But just to have a good friendly fight... happy

Cheers,
Serge

P.S. Colonel, PLS do not post Chris's arts anyway, neither do that with MINE, buddy, ok?
Hope you remember...

Добавлено (28.07.2012, 19:15)
---------------------------------------------
P.P.S.

Chris, as Moderator on the Group, where your arts were published (see above), I used my right, and deleted all the posted by your Publisher images several minutes ago.
http://www.toy-soldiers.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59708#59708

Think this helps...

Sorry that I have not done this before, but I thought you have a kind of agreement to post some part of arts...

Anyway, images are deleted!
I asked the representative of your Publisher to tell us the reasons.

I am deeply sorry for all of us in this situation.
Do not feel angry with us, or robbed, we all are part of the paper soldiers world.

Serge

Get Back To Battle ®
with the Paper General ™

Сообщение отредактировал PaperGeneral - Суббота, 28.07.2012, 19:16

полковникДата: Воскресенье, 29.07.2012, 10:06 | Сообщение # 100
Генерал-майор
Chris, my deep apology to you. I did not mean to "publish" your graphics. I just want to share the news with the member of this forum. If you can see the images are just linked from the other forum where your Russian publisher post them. I thought that he did it with your approval. I regret this situation and see this as my fault to inform you right away instead of sharing these images here sad
Unfortunately, I can not delete this post here. I believe, forum admin Lunik can do it.

Сообщение отредактировал полковник - Воскресенье, 29.07.2012, 10:11

CWalkerlooДата: Воскресенье, 29.07.2012, 14:10 | Сообщение # 101
Сержант
apology accepted col.

yesterday i was a bit down and suprised? shocked - but I am elastic and so bounce back!

smile see! ...

... i've dried my eyes and taken a tablet for my stomach! ... If the pics could be taken down I'd appreciate it and I'll work hard to get the pictures ready for web publication as soon as I can ... I'll try for next weekend... but I did want to release the arranged plates (with both balck and white surrounded versions!) on my own website alas my friend who controls my access and hosts my website is away until September,,, ,,, although I may find another way.

The publisher doesn't have the 'digital rights' but they can promote the soldiers with in reason,, perhaps this is that... hmmm... if they receive a positive response I hope it will ensure they decide to publish. But i know more than most paper soldiers produced to such a high quality is a leap of faith which demands a large upfront investment ... and they have been very supportive... I'll contact my editor on Monday to see whats what.

Oh... thankyou PaperGeneral.

I think the compositions I've linked to on flickr previously show my pictures well... I

In the end I guess if people appreciate my work I prefer to invite them to do so as 'patrons' ... although if pirated images can get kids interested... I'll settle for that!

i may have worked hard on these pictures but it was 'work' that I enjoyed and was very enthusiastic to do... which always makes me feel a little guilt... (the hangover of a strong Irish catholic upbringing)... I always thought those who do jobs they really hate should be paid more... ...but I'm a dreamer. HUSSAR! HUSSAR!! all paper soldiers!

Сообщение отредактировал CWalkerloo - Воскресенье, 29.07.2012, 14:13

МагистрДата: Понедельник, 30.07.2012, 17:39 | Сообщение # 102
Майор
Paper Soldiers - our hobby. We only discuss and give an assessment. Excuse me, Chris. I am feeling guilty sad

PaperGeneralДата: Вторник, 31.07.2012, 21:45 | Сообщение # 103
Генерал-майор
Спасибо, Саша, что потер картинки!
Полковник, выше нос - ты не виноват!

Мне вон от Мещерякова "нагоняй" представитель его прислал на форуме "Ура!",
ну правильно, когда аргументов нет, нужно принять вид обиды.

Хотя я сразу сказал, что права Криса, как художника, в такой ситуации явно нарушаются!

Ничего, Крис сильней станет - бузинес с нами - не просто цветочки happy cool

Get Back To Battle ®
with the Paper General ™

полковникДата: Вторник, 31.07.2012, 22:59 | Сообщение # 104
Генерал-майор
Ну меня тоже несколько удивил такой маркетинг, но с другой стороны - это же их дело и конечно я был под впечатлением что они с Крисом это дело обговорили cool

PaperGeneralДата: Среда, 01.08.2012, 00:52 | Сообщение # 105
Генерал-майор
Да уж, маркетинг своеобразный cool
"...makes me feel a little physically sick... guess like i've been robbed... " - приятного мало...
sad

Обидно, что я, неплохо относящийся к ИДМ, теперь, получается, типа им не друг cool
Ничего, как-нибудь, образумятся, поймут, что к чему.
Надеюсь.

Get Back To Battle ®
with the Paper General ™

Форум » Бумажные Солдатики » Наполеоника » Солдатики выпускаемые Walkerloo
  • Страница 7 из 9
  • «
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright LunikSky © 2024 | Создать бесплатный сайт с uCoz